Gift Processing Coordinator & Staff Accountant
Ohio Farm Bureau Federation in Columbus, Ohio
Founded in 1919, Ohio Farm Bureau Federation is a grassroots membership organization that supports programs that ensure the growth of Ohio food and farms, such as advocating for good government policy, developing opportunities for young farmers, providing student scholarships and grants, supporting Ohio food efforts, creating food literacy programs for kids, hosting community building events and funding efforts to protect the environment, water quality, farmland preservation and more.
Mission – Working together for Ohio farmers to advance agriculture and strengthen our communities.
The Ohio Farm Bureau Federation is seeking a Gift Processing Coordinator & Staff Accountant that will provide exceptional support services in Foundation gift processing and accounting duties. Will serve as the primary liaison between the accounting department and the foundation. Responsible for donor demographics, processing gifts and pledges, donor acknowledgement by using best practices to maintain optimal data integrity. This position plays a key role in maintaining donor communication and satisfaction. Work with the accounting department to process county payroll, review AGGPAC gift submission, and assist with fleet vehicles. The ideal candidate will have a bachelor’s degree in a related field, three years’ experience working with a foundation and an understanding of a membership organization and Ohio agriculture, is able to maintain a high degree of confidentiality and responsibility, to work both independently and as part of a team, possess strong interpersonal skills and an ability to communicate effectively in person, in writing and by phone, is highly organized and able to handle multiple projects and have keen attention to detail, accuracy and thoroughness in completing assigned duties and proficient with MS Office products. Deadline to apply is Nov. 30, 2020.
Among the primary responsibilities
Ohio Farm Bureau Foundation
- Review Foundation gift and pledge submissions for accuracy, potential issues, and completeness. Resolve issues, ensure gifts and pledges are recorded accurately, and adhere to gift acceptance policies and IRS rules.
- Establish a workflow process for receipting all gift types, including but not limited to, outright gifts, gifts-in-kind, IRA distributions, and planned giving commitments. Generate and mail receipts on a daily/as needed basis.
- Review all gift agreements and maintain appropriate documentation on each gift and pledge through physical or electronic means.
- Process new/updated payroll deduction requests and ensure accuracy of deduction spreadsheet received from payroll.
- Provide oversight on fund deposits, gift allocations, reconciliations, and fund reporting within both departments.
- Work with Foundation staff on fundraising events, solicitation materials, and stewardship efforts to ensure donations are accurately reflected.
- Create queries to provide updates on donor giving, fund totals, and general giving reports as requested.
- Implement a workflow process for accepting and processing matching gifts.
- Daily reconciliation of online gifts and monitor wire transfers to ensure accurate, timely processing.
- Communicate with donors in a professional, timely manner about their giving records, event participation, and/or other giving related inquiries. Perform in-depth research when needed.
- Handle county farm bureau payroll and associated payroll taxes.
- Review AGGPAC gift submissions for accuracy, potential issues, and completeness. Resolve issues, ensure gifts are recorded accurately, and adhere to gift acceptance policies and IRS rules.
- Assist with insurance for fleet vehicles.
About Farm Bureau Foundation
For over three decades Ohio Farm Bureau Foundation has been committed to driving community change, stimulating new ideas, and engaging audiences in a conversation around creating a strong farm and food community.
We know that it takes a collaborative approach to grow a vibrant farm and food community. That’s why we’re building unique partnerships by investing in local programs committed to addressing Ohio’s agricultural challenges. To date, more than $3 million has been granted to projects that focus on agricultural education, environment, and economic issues.