Agronomy Technology Intern
Heritage Cooperative is always looking for friendly, outgoing, customer-service driven employees. Our people are our greatest asset, and we are constantly thinking outside of the box for new ways to make working at Heritage Cooperative attractive to our current and prospective employees. If this sounds like you, apply today and join the team!
This position is available at the following Heritage Cooperative locations:
Region 3 – Eastern, Ohio
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Serve as a positive representation of Heritage Cooperative’s Core Values
- Provide Superior Customer Service
- Highest Standards of Integrity and Trust
- Continuous Improvement
- Being a Good Partner
- Abide by all safety regulations to ensure safety of oneself, coworkers and customers
- Successfully complete assigned intern project
- Support co-workers while gaining knowledge of their essential job functions
- Utilize knowledge gained to conduct day to day operations
- Participate in all aspects of operations to broaden internship experience including but not limited to
- Provide agronomy sales team and customers insight in effort to by utilizing the Crop Advantage program
- Conduct grid soil sampling
- Install and “startup” In Cab Data Collection systems
- Promote and support of Crop Advantage product offerings
- Conduct tissue sample collection
- Partake in site specific field scouting alongside an agronomist
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor
- Valid driver’s license, with acceptable driving record
- Current enrollment in a post-secondary program majoring in Agronomy/Agriculture or another related field
- Ability to frequently lift heavy objects no more than 50 pounds
- Ability to frequently stand and/or walk for extended periods of time
- Ability to occasionally sit for extended periods of time
- Willingness to work extended hours and weekends when needed
- Willingness to work various weather elements including cold, heat, wind, rain, etc
- Completion of 2 or more years of post-secondary education
- Previous agronomy technology experience
If you see yourself as a future Agronomy Technology Intern with Heritage Cooperative, apply TODAY at www.heritagecooperative.com/Careers!
The job description is not intended to cover or describe all tasks, duties and responsibilities the employee may be required to be asked to perform. Heritage Cooperative retains the right to change or add new tasks, duties and responsibilities at any time, with or without notice to the employee.
Evidence of work authorization upon employment is required in compliance with the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986. Completion of USCIS form I-9 will be required in order to verify employment eligibility within 3 business days of the first day of employment.
Heritage Cooperative provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Heritage Cooperative complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Heritage Cooperative expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Heritage Cooperative’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including termination.