Witmer's Feed & Grain in Columbiana, Ohio
Witmer's Feed & Grain, Inc. is currently seeking an energetic, highly motivated individual to fill the position of Grain Originator at their Columbiana, Ohio facility. The grain originator works to originate grain, while proactively developing and maintaining customer relationships. They will oversee grain contract execution, work with producers on marketing plans and monitor grain margin and volume to meet / exceed targets. This position will report to the President of the Company.
The ideal candidate will be a self-starter with the ability to exceed goals and a desire to leverage knowledge to help customers develop and implement grain marketing plans.
- Assist in developing location marketing programs, contracting, pricing, and procurement of grain for the facility
- Originate grain from the area in which the organization operates
- Knowledge of market basis and other grain market fundamentals
- Effectively understand the local processors grain markets and monitor competitiveness
- Understand and maintain a working knowledge of grain hedging and applicable risk management processes
- Build relationships with area farmers to assist them in marketing their grain through the facility
- Establish and maintain a producer database
- Provide the highest level of customer service with a team mentality
- Supervise day-to-day marketing activities and other duties as assigned.
- A Degree or Diploma in a related field, or experience in grain sales/marketing
- Farming background is considered a major asset
- Demonstrate knowledge of, marketing, sales, customer service and good communication skills
- Willingness to participate in community events/groups to promote and foster the company’s relationship with the community
Interested applicants should contact Ethan Witmer at firstname.lastname@example.org to apply.