Director of Public Policy and Nutrient Management
Ohio Corn and Wheat Growers Association in Delaware, Ohio
The Ohio Corn & Wheat Growers Association is seeking to hire a Director of Public Policy and Nutrient Management. The director is responsible for the formulation and execution of the legislative agenda, policy development and grassroots activities for the organization on a statewide basis, including the coordination of legislative and regulatory actions. This individual will also coordinate with Ohio’s national affiliate organizations to engage on any pertinent federal legislation and regulatory actions for the Ohio Corn & Wheat Growers Association. This position is also responsible for managing OCW’s activities in nutrient management, water quality research management and nutrient loss mitigation strategies.
Essential Job Functions:
- Lead the overall legislative and advocacy initiatives of OCWGA
- Act as the lead staff on water quality/nutrient management/sustainability initiatives
- Oversee the various research projects on water quality/nutrient management/sustainability and assures results are distributed to checkoff staff, boards and investors
- Gather policy opinions from OCWGA members and inform the board of the grassroots opinion to assist in setting policy
- Communicate legislative and regulatory information to staff, boards and members to keep all informed on a regular basis
- Help OCWGA, formulate and implement legislative initiatives/strategies to influence state/federal policy
- Monitor legislation in the Ohio General Assembly and develop strategies to participate as needed. Engage with national affiliate organizations to monitor federal activities
- Meet with special interest groups, members of the Ohio General Assembly/U.S. Congress, their staff on behalf of OCWGA and prepare the board and staff to do the same
- Serve as OCW liaison with other Ohio agricultural organizations and groups
- Serve as the lead staff of the OCW PAC
- Serve as an industry spokesperson
- Register to lobby on behalf of OCWGA
- Competitive Pay
- Dynamic and fun work environment
- Retirement Plan with options
- Insurance Plan
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Degree in Political Science, Public Affairs, Legal, Business Administration or other related program of study or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of three years of combined experience in a public policy or lobbying leadership position, background in agriculture preferred, but other experience considered.
Click here to download the complete job description. A cover letter, resume/vita, and primary set of references are required for consideration. Cover letter should address your specific interest in this position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position. Salary requirements should be included in this cover letter.
Resumes should be emailed by 8/5/19 to:
OCWGA Executive Director, Tadd Nicholson at email@example.com. or call 740-360-1228 with questions.